PLEASE call 307-733-4430 to make an appointment before coming to our office.
Only the couple needs to be present for obtaining the marriage license. Please leave family and friends at home.
Jackson Hole is one of the most popular areas in the country to get hitched, but make sure you schedule some time to get your Marriage License before your ceremony. Our office is located in the basement of the County Administration Building. We are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding legal holidays). Please call us at 307-733-4430 if you have any questions that have not been answered.
Obtaining a Marriage License
To obtain a marriage license in Wyoming, couples must appear in person, be 18 years of age or older, and present a picture ID - Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID, School ID. If you are 16 or 17, we require signed written consent of the father, mother, guardian or person having the care and control of the minor. The written consent shall be proved by the testimony of at least 1 competent witness. If you are 15 or younger, a Judge’s court order is required.
- Full legal name
- Current Residential Address
- State or Foreign Country of Birth
- Date of Birth
- Social security number
- Father’s first, middle, and last name, and the state or foreign country he was born
- Mother’s first, middle, and maiden last name, and the state or foreign country she was born
- Divorce Date and State if applicable, we do not require documentation
The License fee is $30 payable by cash, check, debit or credit card ($1.50 service fee will apply if using a card). Visa, MasterCard and Discover cards are accepted.
There is no waiting period in Wyoming. Blood tests are not required in Wyoming. A Wyoming marriage license can only be used in the State of Wyoming. The application expires one year from the date of issuance.
Marriage ceremonies are not performed in our office, or at the courthouse. You must make your own arrangements to have an Officiant perform your ceremony. View a list of local officiants (PDF). If you are bringing someone with you to perform your ceremony, that’s okay! We do not require documentation regarding their credentials, however, they must qualify by statute:
Who may solemnize marriage; form of ceremony per Wyoming State Statute 20-1-106:
- (a) Every district or circuit court judge, district court commissioner, supreme court justice, magistrate and every licensed or ordained minister of the gospel, bishop, priest or rabbi, or other qualified person acting in accordance with the traditions or rites for the solemnization of marriage of any religion, denomination or religious society, may perform the ceremony of marriage in this state.
- (b) In the solemnization of marriage no particular form is required, except that the parties shall solemnly declare in the presence of the person performing the ceremony and at least two (2) attending witnesses that they take each other as husband and wife.
Obtaining a Certified Copy of Your Marriage License
Certified copies of a marriage license are normally needed when changing a name, adding someone to your insurance, etc. Certified copies are issued by Wyoming Vital Statistics Services. Please visit their website for more information: https://health.wyo.gov/admin/vitalstatistics/certificates/