Frequently Asked Questions

Welcome to the Teton County Planning Department FAQs

The first step to using this resource is to confirm if the property you are interested in is located in unincorporated Teton County, Wyoming. Teton County and the Town of Jackson are different jurisdictions with different regulations. If the property is within the Town of Jackson limits, then you can reference the Town Planning Department website for your questions. 

If you are unsure, use this link to open the Teton County GIS mapping system. The orange lines indicate Town of Jackson city limits. You can use the Search bar to enter a street address or parcel identification number, or use the hand icon to navigate around the map and find your property. If you have confirmed that the property is within Teton County, WY and outside of Town limits, then these FAQs will apply. 

(Click "View All" to explore that entire section of FAQs.)

Within this resource the FAQs are organized into three categories:

  1. Planning

    Physical Address
    Teton County Administration Building, 2nd Floor
    200 S Willow Street
    Jackson, WY 83001

    Fax: 307-733-4451

  2. Mailing Address
    P.O. Box 1727
    Jackson, WY 83001