The lodging tax is a 2% tax that is added to a visitors stay in any Teton County hotel, motel or rental property. It was voted in by residents of Teton County in November, 2010. Dubbed the “Tax you don’t pay”, this money is collected from tourists visiting the valley. The Jackson Hole Travel and Tourism Joint Powers board is responsible for allocating 60% of the collected funds. Teton County and Town government are responsible for allocating the remaining 40% of funds collected.